Introduction to the corpus
Welcome to the Cartae Europae Medii Aevi (CEMA) website. Its aim is to offer historians multiple resources for the study of medieval diplomatic documents on a European scale, including the corpus of the same name. The website already contains several sections:
- The broad objectives of the project are presented here.
- The actors and institutions involved, in the form of a European consortium.
- Analyses on the corpus are possible via the NoSketchEngine search engine.
- The site also contains a bibliography of European diplomatic editions, under construction, which aims to provide an overview of these works.
- A download page also provides a large number of PDFs of editions of cartularies and charters, in image mode.
In its current state, the database contains over 270,000 documents. We obviously wish to continue the development of the corpus (plain text charters, editions, features, tools, etc.), with with updates in the coming months. A dataset will soon be available for download.